For now scoring is based solely on our reading and interpretation of the medical literature. In short order we'll be assembling a panel of hyperbaric experts to place the check in one of six categories:
- Disproved - Strong evidence against using HBOT.
- None - Unfavorable results or no published evidence.
- Scant - Early or mixed results with lingering questions.
- Promising - Repeatedly favorable results urging further study.
- Compelling - Strong body of evidence meriting approval.
- Approved - HBOT indicated and widely reimbursed.
To start your own research, you can follow the links to our primary sources and read the papers and analyses that have shaped our views.