Thursday, February 9, 2012

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Family of Six Treated in Chamber at University of Maryland Shock Trauma

An entire family succumbed to furnace exhaust in their home early Tuesday and is now recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning after being rushed to the University of Maryland's Shock Trauma Center. See the full story on WUSA9. UM is not yet listed in our Maryland treatment center directory. The center may operate the only 24/7 hyperbaric chamber in the Washington-Baltimore region, as this report claims. We also note nearby chambers at Northwest Hospital in Randallstown, a UHMS accredited facility with a Level Two trauma center. We're on a mission to gather the most complete and reliable information about emergency-ready hyperbaric chambers to treat carbon monoxide and cyanide poisoning, smoke inhalation, burns, and other traumatic injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment