Friday, January 27, 2012

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Center Treats Three and Teaches All

Yesterday a faulty propane tank sickened 13 at a livestock rendering facility in Alma Center, Wisconsin. After treating 3 for carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, the hyperbaric safety and technical director at OakLeaf Surgical Hospital took to the local media (and YouTube) to help educate the public about this most common cause of death and injury by poisoning. Philip Schell pretty clearly explains how CO kills and how hyperbaric oxygen works. Read more in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment